Since the liberalization of the telecoms sector in 2014, Myanmar’s ICT sector has expanded at an unprecedented rate, spear headed by the mobile and broadband market
- The fixed broadband market is gaining momentum in services speed and reliability, with an estimated 46.39 million internet users out of a population of 53 million.
- Myanmar's IT services sector is expected to contribute $6.4 billion to Myanmar's GDP by 2030 and employ 240,000 people.
- Between 2016 and 2018, the export growth rate was 247% for Computer Services and 252% for Information Services.
- Myanmar has one of the highest female participation rates in IT services in the world (62%), as well as a young and dynamic IT-friendly workforce that is highly competitive in terms of costs and technical skills.
- It benefits from close proximity to world IT leaders such as Singapore and Japan.